Pregnancy Related: My top skincare and makeup products safe for Pregnancy

by - 11:51:00 AM


As some of you already know that I'm pregnant. And as you notice that I didn't post anything related or pregnancy announcement on social media as I want to be quiet as much as possible to enjoy this journey with my partner💖 We've been waiting for this and we are so happy for this blessing. We found out last December 2019 that I'm 3 weeks pregnant and I'm currently 18 weeks today(March 2020) and have this little bump already! Can't hide it anymore! Haha!🙈

Anyways, this blog post is related to my current skincare and makeup products that I've been using during my pregnancy journey. Ever since I found out that I'm pregnant, I stopped all the products that I've been using because they contain some ingredients that can be harm for my baby's development or birth defects. I researched a lot of what ingredients should I need to avoid and what products are safe for pregnancy. So before I share the products, let me discuss with you on what you need to avoid when you're pregnant:

  1. Salicylic Acid - It is also known as beta hydroxy acid that used to treat acne. Studies show that it is safe to stop using them when you're pregnant.
  2. Retinoids - it is a skincare for anti - aging effects. Doctors do not recommend using them while pregnant. (This is important).
  3. Petrolatum - (aka Petroleum Jelly) It is best to avoid Petrolatum because it may contain potentially harmful contaminants.
This is just the three most important but there is so much more that we need to know about the ingredients we need to avoid. And so, I researched the products that is safe to use and this is what I found out:

  1. Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser - I've been seeing this product that was used by pregnant celebrities and influencers, and when I check the ingredients, I didn't see anything that can be harm for my baby. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I feel my face so clean and fresh. I already used their toner before and I already in love with their products. There's other option of their foam cleanser, you can check it on their Instagram or Facebook. Bought it in Watsons Store for Php223 100g
  2. Thayers Toner - I love that this toner is very organic and very safe to use. How I wish I've been known this before. It is Alcohol-free toner, Paraben-free, Phthalate-free and Gluten-free. How amazing is this! It's very gentle on my skin. I love the smell(I used the lavender), ever since I got pregnant I've been so meticulous in smell so I love how light this product. You can buy this in any healthy options store but my husband bought this in Watsons Store for Php295 - 89ml
  3. Skinpotions Pore Pampering Soap - Of course I love local brands and I love how natural all the skinpotions products. I've been using their products ever since then and I am happy that their products is also safe for pregnant women. I used this every morning and then I used the Neutrogena deep foam cleanser at night. I noticed that my pores get visible(hormones!!) lately that's why I chose to buy this since it's about "pores" and luckily I don't have any acne on my face so I don't have a problem at all. I love also the smell of this soap and how my skin responds to this product. And look at how cute their packaging! You can choose other options of their soap based on your needs.
  4. Skinpotions Tomato Serum - This is my all time fave serum. It really works on my skin and it's the best partner with the soap I use because this serum really tightens my pores. My skincare will never be complete without this serum and so this is what I chose to used. The smell of course, it was good and the packaging tho😍 I used it day and night after the toner.
  5. Skinpotions Glass Skin Cream - And because my skin gets really dry because of "hormones" I chose to use this cream instead because it's a moisturizing cream. I already use their Snowberry Cream Mask but I think it is recommend for oily skin. I super love this cream, the smell was soooo good! And it really moisturize my skin and relax at the same time. This is my most favorite to used at night. Maybe I'll keep using this until I gave birth. Haha!😄



    I ordered all these Skinpotions products online at BeautyMnl
    Tomato Serum - Php295
    Glass skin cream - Php450
    Pore Pampering Soap - Php240

    and I received the product the next day with a freebies! Thank you Skinpotions💕
    You can also order through Lazada or visit their store, check the list here.
  6. Coconut Mint Lip Smacker Balm - And because Petroleum Jelly is the one that I need to avoid, I stopped using Petroleum for my lips and I've been struggling with chapped lips for a month because of "hormones" again😓 And this lip balm saved my life! I saw this in BeautyMnl organic section and it is said there that it is safe to use while pregnant and even when you're breastfeeding. I honestly have planned to buy the Burts bees lip balm since that's the one I know that was safe but it was sold out in BeautyMnl and then I saw this product. Thankfully I ordered this because it's my favorite lip balm now! I super love the smell, it smells coconut mint. And I love how natural and organic this product. If you're curious, the ingredients that was used are: Virgin Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Soy Wax, Aloe Vera and Pepper Mint. I will be used this even when I'm not pregnant anymore. Hahah. I'm planning to try their other products too since it was too good for me and not too pricey tho. Bought this in BeautyMnl for Php105 and arrive the next day.
  7. Morrison Stretchmark Cream and Collagen Lotion - There's a lot of option for stretchmark problem for pregnant women. And It's really hard for me to choose one and what are the best and good for my budget. I saw this product at Shopee, the Morrison brand itself is the store owner so I know that this is legit and found the good reviews there. I'm going to try this first and see the result. Been using it religiously for 2 weeks now and as of now I don't see any stretchmark yet. Hopefully this product works for me. I'm going to update here when I'm 30 weeks pregnant and see if the stretchmark lightens or shows. The price is Php899 for 2 Cream and 2 Collagen Lotion. Link here.
  8. BLK Face Stack Multipot - I used tints for my cheeks but because I saw Anne Curtis using this (and she's pregnant) I think it's better to use something new and so I want to try this new BLK Face stack that can be use in lips and eye shadow too. And I'm amazed how light this product and very easy to used. I thought it would be feel greasy since I get to used the tints. I'm planning to try other shades too. Bought it in BLK store but you can order online at Lazada. Price is Php399
  9. Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me - It's so hard to choose a right lipstick for me because I can't stand the smell of other lipsticks, maybe because I'm pregnant and others are not safe for me. I saw a blog about the products that was safe to use while pregnant and they said that Happy Skin brand is the safest for pregnant women. It's my first time to try this brand and it was pricey so I expected a lot for this product. I tried the two shades of their Shut Up and Kiss Me product — Brunch date and Wine Night Shade. I chose this lipstick because it says it's a moisturizing lipstick which I need because as I said I always struggle in chapped lips and it's always dry especially when I used a lipstick. And wow! The first time I used this, I completely obsessed because it is really has a moisturizing effect and after using it the whole day my lips was so moisturize and didn't experience any dryness. I'm so amazed with this, and that's why it's too pricey. Haha!🙈 But it's worth it! I promise. Bought it in Beauty Store in Eastwood for Php649 each or order in Lazada.
Thanks to my husband who bought all this to pamper myself😊

All these products are not sponsored and I'm giving you my honest review. Hope this helps to all pregnant women out there, remember we still need to take time for ourselves and deal that hormones😄

You May Also Like

0 comments