My first Brazilian Wax at Strip Manila

by - 8:37:00 PM

Strip-Manila-Brazilian Wax
Strip-Manila-Brazilian Wax
It took me almost a month until I finally decided to go for Brazilian Wax not just for Summer ready but also to boost my confidence and to get a proper hygiene.😊 If you know me of course you'll notice that I am a "balbon" type so expect it that I am balbon all over the body that's why I am so jealous when I see girls that is hairless and flawless. So when the year 2018 started, my goal is to try the Brazilian Wax because you know the struggle girls when we are wearing a swimsuit. πŸ˜‰

I research first the list of waxing salon in manila and read a forum about other's experienced in every salon. I tried to wax my underarm at Lay Bare Waxing Salon for almost a year but only underarm, I never been tried in Legs and Brazilian. But someone mentioned the Strip Manila, and I looked up their website and their main offered is all about Brazilian Wax.

"STRIP: Ministry of Waxing was born in Singapore at a time when the local wax culture was, shall we say, medieval.
Today, STRIP: Ministry of Waxing has a hairless presence in 10 major capital cities from Singapore, London, New York, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, to Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Manila and Bangkok."

Strip-Manila-Brazilian Wax
Strip-Manila-Brazilian Wax

I didn't booked an appointment in Strip because I preferred for walk-in only. I chose to try my Brazilian Wax in one of their branch in Ortigas, SM Megamall. I arrived at their Salon at almost 3pm, at that time I am so really nervous (and I think it's natural for the first timer right? 😁) At first, the lady at the counter gave me a form to fill up about my details because it's my first time to try Strip Manila and for history also. I thought I'll be waiting for an hour but when I finished the form the lady said (Ma'am let's start na po) I was shock! I want to say "Wait! I am not yet ready!" Haha but no I didn't say that. πŸ˜…

After I get inside in a room, the lady gave me a wipe that is sealed in a plastic and instruct me to removed my underwear only because I am wearing a dress that time and said to put it on the cabinet. I didn't take a picture inside the room because phone or camera is not allowed. There is a big cabinet inside the room. The room was warm and super comfy and cozy. The lady get inside after 5 minutes. The reason why I chose Strip is that they not double dipping the wax, after they use it they'll throw it in trash, also they doing the wax in less than 30 minutes. How about mine? Well my session lasts only around 15-20 minutes only! That was so fast! How was my feeling? Well, of course the pain was there but it is very tolerable! I didn't shout nor cry the whole time of my wax session, I am so proud! Lol. Haha. I didn't take any pain killer. I was so happy with the result tho there's a bleeding but it is natural because it is my first time.

My package is the xxxx Strip (All Off) - Regular Wax, price is 1598 but I got a 20% discount because It's my first time in Strip so I paid 1278 only! Wow! And the flavor that I picked is Strawberry. Yes the wax has a flavor.

Can I recommend Strip Manila for Brazilian Wax? It's a big YES! And I will definitely go back here after 4 weeks. 😊

What I like in Strip Manila:
✅ THEY NEVER DOUBLE DIP.  After each dip they throw it away and use a new one.
✅ Their wax was warm and it help to open up your pores, so that the hairs will be waxed from the roots and in-grown can be avoided.
✅ All of their staffs are well trained and has a medical background.
✅ Their everyday mantra includes: Hygiene, Speed & Quality. (100%)
✅ They have annual QA training held by their Singapore team, so each year they have to renew and pass their tests.
✅ They are super hygienic! That's why I am super comfortable during my wax session.
✅ One of their rules is to make it fast. Their wax session lasted not less than in 30 minutes. Mine is only 15 minutes (so fast!).
✅ When you enter at Strip, the staff was very friendly, you'll feel welcome and comfortable.
✅ Love their interiors. Haha

What are the Pre Treatment Care?
✔ Don't attempt waxing the three days after and the first three days of your period/menstruation. Because our skin is very sensitive on that time and this is the reason that your wax will be so painful.
✔ If you are pregnant, it is better to consult to your gynecologist first. But it is safe to have a Brazilian Wax after your first trimester.
✔ If your pain tolerance is low, I can recommend you take pills for pain killer, 30 minutes before your session.
✔ If you have planned to go to the beach, make sure to make an appointment in a waxing salon 5 days before your trip.
✔ Don't drink a lot of caffeine on the day of your waxing appointment. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and makes waxing more painful (for both guys and girls).

What are the Post Treatment Care?
For the next 24 hours:
✖ After the procedure, make sure that you don't wear tight clothes at the waxed areas. This will be caused an irritation and ingrown hair.
✖ No hot baths, hot showers, or sexual activity. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.
✖ No Swimming or sunbathing
✖ No heat or UV treatments like sun beds or saunas
✖ No scrubbing of the treated area(unless you want a bacteria infection) I know we don't want it right?
✖ No intensive exercise
✖ Put Soothing Cream on the part that is wax 3 days after your procedure to prevent ingrown hair. Got mine at Lay Bare Waxing Salon click here product name is Soothing Cream.
✖ Do exfoliate every 4-7 days, 3 days after your wax.

Check their branches, prices etc., at their website: http://www.strip-manila.com
Instagram : @stripmanila

Does my blog post helps you? Don't forget to share it and/or share your brazilian wax experience too!

 Pin me!

You May Also Like

0 comments