Benefits of Planking Exercise

by - 2:01:00 PM

Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise
As I finished my 30 Days Abs Challenge last April 2017, I stopped my cardio for a while because my weight is already in 45.7kg (my ideal weight) from 49kg and my goal for today is to gain muscles. I know you saw me eating burgers or pizzas SOMETIMES, and some of you always asked me how I maintained my body even I ate the one that should not to eat.

Checkout my body transformation here.

Wait what? Should not to eat? Haha. Actually you can eat all the food you want. But always remember, make it balanced and don't forget to cardio when you eat so much food/calories. Haha.

So let's get back to the topic. I do planking everyday. 1 minute or more than that. It's been my favorite exercise because I feel my core strengthen and my fats was burning. Plank is one of the best exercise to strengthen your core conditioning as it improves posture, supports a healthy back, enhances overall movement and of course, tones your midsection. The basic plank requires no equipment, can be done virtually anywhere.

What are the benefits of Plank Exercise?
1. It improves your Core Strength.
Planking won't give you a six pack, but if you paired it with a quality diet and a cardio, planks do help you develop the definition in your middle. The top benefits of doing plank regularly is that they strengthen your core - those muscles, bones, and joints that link the upper and lower body. Because we engage the core in our everyday life - when we turn, lift reach and bend.

2. It strengthen your back.
Plank helps the upper back muscles become stronger. It also helps reduce low-back pain and provide support for your back.

3. Gives better Posture and Balanced.
Since planks work on all the muscles of your core it helps your ability to stand straight and maintain better posture because the muscles of your core are vital for your overall posture.

4. It will toned up your Tummy.
Planking helps you develop deep inner core muscles. Performing them will strengthen and tighten your abs. It’s a great addition to any abs workout.

A study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning,  found that the plank provides 100% activation of your six-pack muscles whereas crunches only engage 64%.

5. You'll be Happier and Less Stressed.
Planks can lift your spirits and raise your energy level like the most other exercises.

It help to stretch and relax the muscles in the neck, shoulders and back that often become stiff and tense from prolonged sitting. Desk workers shoud take note this plank benefits. It also helps you to calm your brain.


How to do the Plank Exercise?

Standard Plank:
Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise

1. Put your hands directly under the shoulders (slightly wider than shoulder-width apart) like you’re about to do a push-up.
2. Ground the toes into the floor. Your legs should be working in the move too; careful not to lock or hyper extend your knees.
3. Neutralize the neck and spine by looking at a spot on the floor about a foot beyond the hands. Your head should be in line with your back.
4. Hold the position for 20 seconds. As you get more comfortable with the move, hold your plank for as long as possible without compromising form or breath.

Forearm Plank:
Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise
Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise
This variation, also one of the most common ways to perform a plank, is slightly easier than holding the body up with just the hands. Place the forearms on the ground with the elbows aligned below the shoulders, and arms parallel to the body at about shoulder-width distance. If flat palms bother your wrists, clasp your hands together. (Note: Any of the following plank variations can be performed with straight arms or in a forearm position.)

Side Plank:
Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise
This variation better engages the obliques, or the side muscles of the core, than a standard plank. Lie on one side with the legs stacked on top of one another then prop the body up on the hand or elbow while keeping the feet stacked. Modify the position by raising the opposing arm or leg (or both!) in the air to make the plank more difficult, or make the move easier by crossing the upper leg in front of the body for additional support.

Checkout my body transformation here.

Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise
My today's body, and I love it so much! I am now maintained my weight and still in balanced diet. 😊

Does this post helps you? Share your workouts too I'm happy to read it 😊 Thank you for reading loves! If it's your first time here at my blog comment down and say Hi! I'm happy to meet you then. 😘

Images Credits from www.caligirlgetsfit.com


Pin Me!
Benefits-of-Planking-Exercise-Pinterest

You May Also Like

0 comments