The Story Behind of our Engagement

by - 9:08:00 PM

Engagement-Strory-Wandersushi
I know some of you already know that I'm engaged because of my IG Stories (of course our family and close friends already know about this 😉) some of you may want to ask "How it happened", "How Lester propose to you", "When is the wedding" etc,.

So I wanted to talk about the proposal first since some of you was very curious. Honestly, there's no proposal thing happened. We're so matured and open to each other especially about this matter. We always discussed about marriage like when and where and what's the date, what's the theme etc.,We planned to do it by 2020, but last May when my mother called me and she says "Sabihin mo kay Lester maghanda na siya sa January para sa pamamanhikan (Please tell Lester to get ready and his family for a marriage arrangement on January)" I put it in loud speaker so that Lester can hear what she says.

I laughed when I heard it but Lester was in shock. Haha. Then he answered "Sige po (Ok)" after 5 minutes then I laughed harder because of his reaction. My mother really want me to get married before I reach my 25 years of age because she believed that when I reach my 25 years maybe I'll change my mind about marriage thing and change everything that has planned until I become 30. (she really believes that, I do too) and she don't want me to reach at that age (because some of my cousins are in same case like this)

We talked about it for a weeks if we are ready to do it. And when everything was settled also the date, then we said "Okay, well I guess we're engaged now." and that's it! We're engaged. Haha. I told him to not buy a ring and just to save it to our wedding ring. Even since we started dating, I really don't want him to buy a couple ring. I always told him to not buy a ring, I don't know I just don't like it unless it's a wedding ring. Is the engagement ring really important? I think the most important is you both decide it and you both ready to do it. But still Lester wants to do it, down with his knee and ask me a question. I already told him not to do it, so he said "Okay at least let me buy you a ring."

Engagement-Strory-Wandersushi

I didn't know that ringless engagement really exists. I read some of the stories in forum and some of them are same in our situation like they just talk about it and decide to get married. I thought at first it really started in a question "Will you marry me?" but yeah not all.

We tried to forced my parents to set it to 2020 but they get angry. Their too excited I think. Hahaha. I am planning to make it private as much as possible that's why I become so MIA this past weeks because of some paper works and searching for suppliers. I just want to make it really simple celebration with our family and friends.

So thank you so much for those who greeted us in advance. I hope you all understand if we don't want to announce the wedding date. But I'll blog all about our suppliers after the wedding. And I hope all becomes well. I am really excited tho! I mean "WE" 😄


xx
Lester & Sushmita 💓

You May Also Like

0 comments